Goodwill TalentBridge, a full service staffing and recruitment firm, is part of Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin and Metropolitan Chicago, the largest of the 165 Goodwill territories in North America. With more than 90 years of experience in Workforce Development and job training, Goodwill is helping thousands of people find work in the communities we serve, including 13 counties in Wisconsin and 10 counties in Illinois.
2022-2023 School Year K8 Teacher Opportunities!!!!
Teachers and Aspiring Teachers, Make a change & join a supportive Christian faith-based organization that is focused on student success and teaching excellence!! If you have a desire to build a rewarding career in the education field, this is the role for you.
New Grads & Established Teachers Encouraged to Apply!!! Join a growing charter school organization that offers advancement opportunities, coaching, guidance and support throughout your career. Excellent year-round pay & benefits. A bachelor's degree is required to get started. Apply today!
Goodwill TalentBridge is working for our client, a Christian faith-based charter school organization, seeks full-time teachers for their K8 school locations throughout Milwaukee and Racine, WI. This position will work directly with students in primary and middle school grade levels to teach the students and lead them toward educational success. In these direct hire roles you can look forward to competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans, professional development throughout your career all within a supportive Christian faith-based K8 environment. Our client has a variety of teaching opportunities available in multiple grades and subject areas.
Student Achievement & Character Development
- Take personal responsibility for the academic outcomes of every student delivering measurable academic growth and increasing every student’s achievement
- Set and hold students to extremely high academic and behavioral standards
- Embody and demonstrate a character and values that reflect those of the organization and to ensure that students exhibit the same values
- Set measurable, ambitious, and attainable goals for the year and each interim assessment cycle
- Develop and implement daily lesson plans as part of a long-term scope and sequence aligned to the curricular goals of the organization
- Conduct interim assessments, track student progress, and perform regular data analysis to determine student mastery and diagnose areas of conceptual misunderstanding
- Use a variety of rigorous formative and summative assessments to evaluate individual academic progress and adjust instructional plans to meet the needs of students
- Employ a variety of creative, differentiated, and research-based instructional strategies that ensure students are actively engaged in meaningful and rigorous learning experiences
- Develop a positive, achievement-oriented and structured learning environment so that all students are invested in their academic excellence and can fulfill their potential
- Ensure a setting that meets the needs of all students
- Set and reinforce clear expectations and routines that align to school-wide values and policies
- Recognize, celebrate and reward student achievement and character development
Student and Family Relationships
- Build rapport with students, parents, and families
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication, providing accessibility to students and families beyond the hours of the typical school day
- Invest parents and families in their children’s academic success through consistent communication of student progress and challenges
- Continually improve teaching skills by seeking out constructive feedback and professional development opportunities
- Use an effective system for tracking student mastery of curricular objectives for each unit throughout the school year
- Maintain accurate and complete records, including but not limited to: attendance, behavior, student achievement data, grades, progress reports, parent communication, textbooks, etc.
School Community Involvement
- Collaborate with team members to ensure a loving, rigorous, safe environment across the entire school
- Assume responsibility for student success by holding all students accountable to school-wide behavioral expectations
- Actively and professionally participate in all faculty and staff meetings, professional development, and events
- Work with peers to enhance the school’s professional learning community
- Teach, lead, or assist other educational programs outside of regular school hours
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by school leaders
- Bachelor’s degree from a competitive college or university in related subject matter and education
- Willingness to attain WI Teacher Certification within 2 years of hire
Teaching experience with a record of high student achievement in an urban setting is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer