Goodwill TalentBridge, a full service staffing and recruitment firm, is part of Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin and Metropolitan Chicago, the largest of the 165 Goodwill territories in North America. With more than 90 years of experience in Workforce Development and job training, Goodwill is helping thousands of people find work in the communities we serve, including 13 counties in Wisconsin and 10 counties in Illinois.
Interested in becoming a Medical Assistant? This unique role offers paid on the job training and immediate work at a Madison area clinic and does require bilingual (Spanish) skill. Apply today to pursue your career in medical assistance!
Bilingual Medical Assistant Opportunity in Madison, WI - Paid Training
Goodwill TalentBridge, in partnership with our client, an established healthcare organization in the Madison area with a focus on offering high quality affordable healthcare as well as education and advocacy services, is recruiting for a Bilingual (Spanish) Reproductive Healthcare Assistant for their Madison, WI medical clinics.
This is a Full-Time, Direct Hire role that offers paid medical assistant training, consistent 1st & early 2nd shift scheduling, comprehensive benefits, excellent pay, PTO, and opportunities to continue to grow in your career. Candidates with healthcare experience as well as candidates that are entry level with a desire to work in the medical field and make an impact on the Madison community are encouraged to apply. This role requires a customer first approach and candidates must possess excellent communications and organizational skills and a commitment to their work. Bilingual (Spanish) skills are required for this role. This role requires initial training for four weeks (weekdays) that takes place in the the Milwaukee area and provides paid meals and lodging during the initial training period.
Entry level position responsible for all supporting functions in the delivery of reproductive health care services. Performs front and/or back-office functions. Assist patients by providing testing, screening, and education required for the provision of medical reproductive health care and to provide non-judgmental, empathetic education and communication on options for patients, as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES including, but not limited to, the following:
- Adhere to agency’s policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Perform at least one of the following functions:
- Front office duties, including, but not limited to:
- Greet patients, answer phones, refer calls, make appointments
- Prepare and assemble charts, checking for completeness, errors, signature, and appropriate assembly
- Process lab results, filing reports in chart and filing charts when appropriate
- Maintain patient records
- Must be committed to quality healthcare, excellent customer service and the vision and values of the organization.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be committed to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to relate to diverse communities.
- Must be sensitive to cultural and ethnic differences among staff and patients.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a warm, caring manner. Accuracy and attention to detail essential.
- Ability to read and implement written instructions.
- Ability to physically assist a patient in distress.
- Professional appearance and attitude required.
- Computer skills desirable. Some positions require bilingual skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in clinical setting desired.
- Reproductive health care experience desirable.
- CPR Certifiable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands of the position necessitate hearing, talking, handling, and grasping regularly. May require lifting to 30 pounds. Specific vision conditions include close vision reading. Requires the ability to operate a computer, telephone, fax, copy machine and adding machine or calculator. Requires the ability to operate medical equipment.
The position is generally performed in a medical office environment but involves frequent interruptions. The noise level is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations, however, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform said essential functions.
Will work with blood or blood-borne pathogens and will require OSHA training which will include extensive safety precautions and the use of protective equipment.
Availability to work flexible hours and travel to other health centers as needed.
Must have own reliable transportation. This position requires occasional traveling statewide, therefore a valid driver’s license and auto insurance in accordance with agency liability standards may be required.
Evening and/or weekend hours may be required
Equal Opportunity Employer