Goodwill TalentBridge, along with our client, is currently recruiting Welders to work in the Gurnee area.
Summary: This position is responsible for quality welding while taking into account the job and material related conditions.
- Receives and interprets blue prints, instructions, drawings, work orders, and/or verbal instructions.
- Prepares work area, sets up welding fixtures, selects specified welding materials and makes settings on welding equipment as regards amperage and voltage, pressures and amount of speed and feed of rolls.
- Manually or with hoist, positions parts and sub-assemblies in and out of welding fixtures.
- Fabricates pre-formed parts with or without welding fixtures following required sequence to construct sub-assemblies and assemblies.
- Remove slag and spatter compound from to work as required.
- Visually inspects welds for blow through with aid of light and soap test as required.
- Removes burned through metal and repairs weld when required.
- Uses oxy-acetylene torch as well as plasma cutter to cut material to size and shape Notes and reports defects in material, tools and equipment.
- Maintains accurate daily time showing production and time worked on each order in ERP system. • Keeps work area, tools and equipment in an orderly manner.
- Overtime may be required on an as needed basis
- Responsible for following established safety practices
- Responsible to cross train in other departments
- All other duties as assigned