Goodwill TalentBridge, along with our client, is currently recruiting a Temporary Accounting Associate to work in the North Chicago area.
The length of this need for our client is undetermined at this time. The pay is flexible depending on amount of experience.
Position OverviewReporting directly to and under the supervision of the AVP Controller, the Accounting Associate is responsible for reconciling the General Ledgers and entering data into the financial system. The Accounting Associate may also be involved with accurately preparing external and internal financial reports in compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations which include GAAP, FASB, and NCUA requirements, in addition to, our client’s policies, procedures and internal controls. The Associate Accountant is responsible for providing service and support to our client's managers and staff in all departments so that our client can provide the highest level of member service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Gathers and inputs all necessary data to prepare financial reports to ensure all assignments are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
2. Assists the Accounting Manager in the preparation of financial accounting reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account/ledger information and trends. Reports may include: Financials, Budgets, Call Reports, Management and Board Reports, and all other internal and external reports as required.
3. Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
4. Maintains subsidiary ledgers as assigned.
5. Assists in the completion of accounting projects as assigned.
6. Ensures budget and financial reporting software is up to date and creates new reports as needed.
7. All other duties as assigned.