Goodwill TalentBridge, a full service staffing and recruitment firm, is part of Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin and Metropolitan Chicago, the largest of the 165 Goodwill territories in North America. With more than 90 years of experience in Workforce Development and job training, Goodwill is helping thousands of people find work in the communities we serve, including 13 counties in Wisconsin and 10 counties in Illinois.
Goodwill TalentBridge, along with our client, is currently recruiting a Slitter Machine Operator to work in the Lake Villa, IL area.
Slitter operator's are responsible for the preparation and processing of printed material. This is a vital role that supports all other areas of the plant- packaging product, labeling boxes, and assisting pressman as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Set up and operate cutting, slitting, folding, sheeting or laminating machines
- Examine job orders to determine job instruction
- Select, clean, change and install spacers and cutters
- Mount material on machine and replenish as needed
- Adjust feed and tension controls
- Respond to fault, error or alert messages
- Observe flow of material through machine to detect irregularities
- Make boxes and create box labels
- Package finished product per customer specifications
- Stack material on shelves; stage product on carts for finishing or on pallets for shipping
- Perform general machine maintenance; make minor repairs using hand tools
- Maintain records and obtain supervisor sign off for designated steps
- Complete jobs as assigned by due date, organizing as necessary to maximize efficiency
- Keeps work area in a clean and orderly condition; sanitize workstation following use
- Perform other related duties as assigned