Goodwill TalentBridge, along with our client, is currently recruiting an experienced Shipping Clerk to work in the Lake Bluff area.
The individual fulfilling this role will spend 70%-80% of their time on the production floor operating forklifts, cleaning and organizing the docks, reviewing bills of lading (BOL) and pro numbers, loading trailers, picking orders, packaging, etc. The other 20%-30% of time will be spent acting as a back up to different clerical/office roles within the DC. This will include reviewing BOL's + pro #'s, printing labels and any other materials, data entry using MS Excel, follow up responses using MS Outlook, and typing up written correspondence in MS Word.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
Please note, other duties may be assigned.
- Performs all jobs in the distribution center as necessary under supervision of the Distribution Manager.
- View all new orders that enter company systems every day
- Complete daily inventory analysis of any items that may be short and cannot ship complete. Physically verify when necessary and communicate to the supply chain team.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area keeping track of various reports/dashboards/ metrics
- Maintains inventory accuracy for outbound orders, inventory moves, and outbound customer shipments
- Completes special projects such as repackaging, return processing and work orders as needed
- Fills orders, packs and ships material as needed
- Uses equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and shipping stock such as forklift, pallet jacks, dollies and hand trucks
- Maintains equipment listed above
- Required to assist the distribution manager in the planning, preparation and execution of the annual physical inventory event