Jobs Archive Blog

Shipping Clerk-Lake Bluff, IL

Posted by Katie Skudlarczyk on Dec 6, 2019 12:05:54 PM

Goodwill TalentBridge, along with our client, is currently recruiting an experienced Shipping Clerk to work in the Lake Bluff area.

SUMMARY

The individual fulfilling this role will spend 70%-80% of their time on the production floor operating forklifts, cleaning and organizing the docks, reviewing bills of lading (BOL) and pro numbers, loading trailers, picking orders, packaging, etc. The other 20%-30% of time will be spent acting as a back up to different clerical/office roles within the DC. This will include reviewing BOL's + pro #'s, printing labels and any other materials, data entry using MS Excel, follow up responses using MS Outlook, and typing up written correspondence in MS Word.

ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:

Please note, other duties may be assigned.

  • Performs all jobs in the distribution center as necessary under supervision of the Distribution Manager.
  • View all new orders that enter company systems every day
  • Complete daily inventory analysis of any items that may be short and cannot ship complete.  Physically verify when necessary and communicate to the supply chain team.
  • Maintain a clean and organized work area keeping track of various reports/dashboards/ metrics
  • Maintains inventory accuracy for outbound orders, inventory moves, and outbound customer shipments
  • Completes special projects such as repackaging, return processing and work orders as needed
  • Fills orders, packs and ships material as needed
  • Uses equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and shipping stock such as forklift, pallet jacks, dollies and hand trucks
  • Maintains equipment listed above
  • Required to assist the distribution manager in the planning, preparation and execution of the annual physical inventory event

Something Powerful

Tell The Reader More

The headline and subheader tells us what you're offering, and the form header closes the deal. Over here you can explain why your offer is so great it's worth filling out a form for.

Remember:

  • Bullets are great
  • For spelling out benefits and
  • Turning visitors into leads.

Recent Posts

Posts by Tag