Goodwill TalentBridge, along with our client, is currently recruiting for a Quality Inspector/Re-Work Operator to work in the Antioch, IL area.
The company manufactures steering wheels for commercial vehicles. This is a temp to hire opportunity on 1st shift; previous Quality experience is required.
To perform detailed product, material, or component sorts or re-work activities along with QA operations tasks and special projects to support operations. This includes all materials, components, and goods used in the manufacturing process - in process and finished process - for all departments including warranty, supplier, and returns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & FUNCTIONS:
- Perform sort or re-work activities as defined by Quality Assurance Mgr., with input from Operations or Engineering Supervisors as needed.
- Complete special projects defined by Quality Assurance Mgr.
- Summary reports for MRB distribution, collect quality data as to part status-final disposition in our electronic software program.
- Provide reports to Quality Assurance and Operations Management on activities completed.
- Maintain detailed Paretto charts-records of sort or re-work or projects executed.
- As required, Support Operations and Quality Assurance Activities out on the shop floor- back up as needed for receiving, order prep, inventory activities.
- Cross training on Incoming Inspection and provide back up as needed. Record keeping and managing Customer Warranties Website (I.e. Daimler-Blue Bird, etc.) with QA Mgr. input.
- Take on Continuous Improvement Projects during the course of each year.
- All other duties as assigned by the QA. Mgr. – Manage Gagetrak calibration software-calibration of internal gages and making plans when gages need to be sent out for calibration and return thereof.
- Manage RGA’s / Warranties in the Excel- Oracle data base