Goodwill TalentBridge, along with our client, is currently recruiting for a Preventive Maintenance Mechanic to work in the Waukegan area.
Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and supervisors. Maintain machines and equipment according the preventive maintenance schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a list of specific duties, which are considered to be essential functions of this job. This list is not exhaustive, as all positions at the company are dynamic. This is consistent with our need to be flexible and responsive to the needs of our customers. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management, irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list. While an effort is made to thoroughly describe the customary manner in which this job is performed, reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with disabilities who may not be able to perform this job in the manner indicated.
- Observe mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sound to locate causes of trouble.
- Maintain machinery and mechanical equipment in accordance with diagram sketches, operation manuals and manufacturer’s specification, using hand tools and power tools, if needed.
- General inspection of lines and equipment for electrical, mechanical and safety issues.
- General preventive maintenance activities (changing oil/filters, greasing, etc).
- Lubricate and clean parts.
- Equipment includes mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, pumps and hydraulic systems.
- Maintain cleanliness of maintenance equipment shop.
- Emergency and facility lighting inspections and maintenance.