Goodwill TalentBridge, along with our client, is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Technician to work in the Racine area.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the operation of all plant systems and equipment. Including but not limited to extruders, conveyor belts, gearboxes, electrical motors, pulleys, shafts and bearings. This position must respond to all system failures by taking appropriate corrective action by completing or assigning the repairs needed to ensure that systems are operational and are functioning safely and efficiently.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspection (PM); diagnose, repair, and rebuild major equipment/components including but not limited to extruders, conveyors, compressors, extruder, motors, fans, pumps, forklifts, front-end loaders and building equipment.
- Daily equipment inspections.
- Establishes and adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules and advises Maintenance Manager/Plant Manager if additional work is needed or cannot be completed within a timely manner.
- Inspects the quality of third-party repairs and or rebuilds.
- Recommends measures to improve production, equipment performance and product quality.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Ability to perform under limited supervision.
- Requires a flexible work schedule, which may include nights and weekends to support operating schedule and the needs of the facility.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.