Goodwill TalentBridge, along with our client, is currently recruiting a Maintenance Technician to work for a Property Management Company in the Highland Park area.
This position would be responsible for maintenance for two apartment complexes in the Rockford, IL area. This position is direct hire and full time. The hours would be M-F first shift with a rotational on-call.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assist in preparing all vacant apartments to market ready condition as needed.
- Respond to resident requests and work orders in a timely manner.
- Perform on-call emergency service as required (rotation shared with other maintenance employees).
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks to eliminate untimely and costly breakdowns in equipment, appliances, boiler system, etc.
- Work as part of a team and perform maintenance tasks independently.
- Report any maintenance concerns for repairs on vacant and common areas to Property Manager.
- Perform all cleaning duties to maintain building common areas.
- Responsible to clear snow along property walk ways.
- Ensure the grounds free of trash and debris.
- Responsible for the proper use of maintenance materials and equipment.
- Consistently maintains a professional, courteous attitude when dealing with residents, coworkers and general public, on and off the property, in order to positively promote the property and the management company; must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong knowledge of building maintenance principles including standard practices and methods of electrical power usage, plumbing, carpentry, drywall, painting, HVAC, boiler systems, replacing light fixtures and ceiling fans, filter changes, lock repairs, install/repair window coverings, caulking, vinyl installation and repair,
- Strong knowledge of tools and equipment used in building maintenance such as but not limited to electric drill & saws, volt and gas meters, key machine, power drain cleaner (snake), ladders, snow blowers, etc.
- Ability to read and follow directions for tools, or other directions needed to complete assigned tasks.