Goodwill TalentBridge, along with our client, is currently recruiting qualified candidates to work as Instructional Aides & Direct Support Professionals in the West Allis area. This is a direct hire opportunity!
This position is responsible for providing direct care to youth and adults with special needs. These individuals have been diagnosed with neurological and developmental disabilities and need support both in residential care environments as well as participation in community programs and within school environments.
Initially this position will serve as a Direct Support Professional to adult and youth within residential program settings in South-Central and Southeastern Wisconsin with all shifts available. As school locations begin to re-open, following CDC guidelines, this role will transition to an Instructional Aide role and will be placed within a school setting and with 1st shift hours.
Direct Support Professional Responsibilities:
DSP’s will work within residential care settings to provide care for youth and adults with special needs that require support with the activities of daily living and to participate in community programs.
To succeed in this role, you must understand the emotional and developmental disabilities of the people you serve. You will be trained to use proper interventions and approaches while helping the clients with their daily needs. As a Direct Support Professional, you will be responsible for:
• Following the Individual Service Plan (ISP) created for each specific client
• Health monitoring including medication administration, etc.
• Daily living activities such as meal preparation and light housekeeping
• Community integration skills and recreational activities
• Redirection of challenging behaviors
Instructional Aide Responsibilities:
Instructional Aides will work within a school setting, 1st shift hours and begin when normal operations return following CDC guidelines. As an Instructional Aide you will be responsible to:
• Facilitate learning activities for students and help students with personal cares
• Be involved in behavior/crisis intervention and incident report-writing
• Administer medication
• Accompany students and camp attendees on outings/field trips