Goodwill TalentBridge, along with our client, is currently recruiting for a 2nd shift Ink Technician to work in the Pleasant Prairie area.
The company manufactures labels for food containers. Ink Technicians are responsible for submitting ink orders, staging and returning inks, controlling inventory and conducting monthly inventory counts of the ink room.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & FUNCTIONS:
- Stage ink for print jobs.
- Read and understand the print travelers.
- Understanding of the GSC Dispensing System for mixing PMS colors.
- Ability to use and understand the SAGE systems.
- Interface with suppliers (ink and equipment such as X-Rite and GSC dispensing system).
- Ability to fill out purchase orders and order inks.
- Understanding of environmental DNR requirements including VOC data tracking and air emissions impact for reporting
- Ability to do ink draw-downs for the art department in a timely manner.
- Control and reduce ink inventory.
- *Maintain 5S standards in the ink room. Included within is maintaining a clean and organized area.
- *Responsible for the quality of work and implementation of the food safety / quality procedures applicable to the process that they perform.
- *Support site safety efforts.
- *Responsible to report any food safety / quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action – SQF Practitioner or direct supervisor.
- Ability to understand and operate the X-Rite system.