Goodwill TalentBridge, along with our client, is currently recruiting a Human Resource Generalist to work in the Milwaukee area.
This position is temporary in nature but has the potential to become permanent. This position would be full time, Monday through Friday, first shift, and the pay would be around $65,000/annually, $31.25/hourly.
- The Human Resources Generalist will support numerous HR functions to meet strategic, tactical and administrative Human Resource objectives. This position will support all levels within the organization and across various departments. You will be responsible for administering various human resources processes and provide guidance and interpretation on human resources related functions to employees. Your knowledge of employee relations, recruiting, employee benefit programs, compensation, policy creation, and leave administration will be an important function of this position.
• Objectively coaches employees and management through complex and difficult issues. Provides guidance to management on appropriate disciplinary action. Assists with on-site investigations.
• Ability to work autonomously in ambiguous situations and adapt quickly to change, as well as guide varying levels of the organization through change.
• Maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality at all times.
• Assists with the recruiting process, sourcing, and refers candidates to the hiring Manager.
• Responsible for the utilization of the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and Web Based On-Boarding.
• Responsible for administering the various human resources plans and processes for employees and provide advice and interpretation regarding the company employee handbook and other relevant company policies to employees.
• Responsible for administering the company's benefits programs. Determine eligibility and distribute all benefit enrollment materials for benefit orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions. Assist employees regarding benefit claim issues and plan changes. Benefits included are Health, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD, STD, EAP, and 401k.
• Responsible for the administration of all leave including: FMLA, STD, LTD, Isolation, Personal, and any other company leaves of absence in accordance with applicable laws and policies.
• Responsible for reviewing employee corrective actions and recommendations for termination. Provide guidance to the company's management based on applicable laws and company policies.
• Responsible for the development of performance improvement plans. Work in cooperation with Director of Learning & Professional Development.
• Responsible for creating reports in HRIS system.
• Responsible for conducting exit interviews and providing information to Director of Human Resources. Responsible for updating job descriptions as directed and ensuring pay practices are administered. Work with recruiter to develop salary offers and offer letters.
• Responsible for the administration of the company's Unemployment Insurance Program and other programs as assigned.
• Conduct company Human Resource annual audit which includes the company's Employee Handbook, I-9’s, benefits, personnel files (active and terminated) as directed.
• Assist in the facilitation the annual review of the company's Member Care Manual.
• Explains company personnel policies, benefits, and procedures to employees or job applicants.
• Cross train with and be of assistance to all Human Resources functions.
• Other duties as assigned.