Goodwill TalentBridge, along with our client, is currently recruiting a DIRECT HIRE Bereavement Coordinator to work in the Wauwatosa area.
in this direct hire role with our client, a leading continuum of care community in the Wauwatosa area. This rewarding role acts as a member of the interdisciplinary team for the bereavement program to include the provision of supportive services to help meet patient/family social service and emotional needs in bereavement consistent with company policies and procedures. Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and 1st shift hours - flexibility in scheduling as necessary.
- Manage the bereavement services program utilizing professional staff and volunteers as appropriate to the service or event.
- Oversee adequacy and appropriateness of bereavement programs for family members.
- Develop new bereavement programs and services as needed.
- Develop educational programs and materials for patients/families, staff and the community on loss, grief, and coping with grief.
- Assist agency in educational training programs.
- Design materials for distribution to families eligible for and/or receiving hospice services.
- Plan, implement and supervise bereavement group events.
- Supervise support staff involved in bereavement services.
- Oversee bereavement follow-up by patient care staff and volunteers.
- Oversee the volunteer component of the bereavement services.
- Conduct the bereavement section of the interdisciplinary team conference.
- Participate in the maintenance of the bereavement component of the community and staff resource libraries
- Participate in the orientation and training of new employees and volunteers working in the hospice program.
- Prepare service reports as requested by management.
- Attend staff meetings
- Perform specific assignments as directed.