Goodwill TalentBridge, along with our client, is currently recruiting for a DIRECT HIRE 1st Shift Solid Surface Polisher/ Finisher.
Our client is a large solid surface and granite/ quartz fabricator in the area.
- Use orbital sanders and routers to sand and shape solid surface counter top materials
- Attach and install under-mount and integrated sinks into counter tops and drill holes as needed
- Accurately read and understand shop drawings and job specific paperwork
- Verify quality of finished counter tops by inspecting, measuring and comparing them to templates and/or shop drawings
- Use tape measure to accurately measure and mark work
- Review and confirm the proper edge profile as identified for each component
- Advise the Shop Foreman of any missing and/or defective items
- Communicate job progress when transitioning between shifts
- At the end of the day and at various times throughout the day, clean work areas to ensure cleanliness and safe working conditions are maintained
- Perform minor maintenance on tools and equipment to ensure safe and effective operation
- Follow all Company Policies & Procedures and adhere to all OSHA protocols
- Assist with various other duties as needed The Ideal Candidate Would Have the Following Experience:
- Carpentry, cabinet making and/or woodworking experience
- Ability to use clamps, sanders, glue guns, routers, table saw, radial arm saw, hand tools, etc.
- Knowledge of various fastener types, adhesives, and sanding techniques
- Experience working with hand tools and possess manual dexterity
- 6 months to 1 year of experience in counter top industry OR possess a strong desire to learn