Goodwill TalentBridge, along with our client, is currently recruiting for Prep Cooks to work in the Waukesha area.
The Cook prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local
standards, guidelines, and regulations, with established policies and procedures and assuring resident safety. May be directed by the Head Cook and/or Culinary Director.
- Coordinate food preparation and meal service.
- Plan and initiate cooking schedule for food preparation to meet meal schedule.
- Prepare, season, cook and serve for assigned meal; ensure appropriate portioned
- servings according to portion control standards.
- Prepare nutritional snacks for residents as directed by the Dietary Manager. Monitor temperature of hot and cold foods through food preparation and service to ensure that established temperature goals are met prior to steam table transfer and maintained throughout meal service. ln the absence of the Dietary Manager, checks and inspects food products and supplies as delivered.
- Supervise and assist in storage of supplies and food products. Determine amount and type of food and supplies as required for daily menus. . Notify Dietary Manager of food, supplies or equipment needs,
- Report equipment breakdowns and unsafe conditions to Dietary Manager or Head Cook.
- Supervise dietary staff in the absence of Dietary Manager. . Clean equipment and work areas as assigned by the Dietary Manager. .Be knowledgeable of Federal, State, and facility's rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Attend in-service educational programs.
- Follow defined safety codes while performing all duties.
- Understand facility's fire and disaster plans;follow established procedures during drills and actual emergencies.
- Perform other department duties assigned by the Culinary Director or designee.
1. Customer Service Oriented.
2. Basic Food Preparation Knowledge
3. Sanitation and Safety Practices.
5. Time Management.
Requires repetitive wrist motion. This position requires lifting up to forty pounds
Stands and walks continuously throughout the working day. Reaches, stoops, bends, lifts, carries, and manipulates various food products, dietary supplies and equipment. Visual Acuity and color discrimination for examining cooked and stored foods. Ability to work with chemicals and cleaning agents. Must be free from infection or diseases. Exposure to temperature and humidity changes as in entering refrigerated storage areas, working at ovens, ranges, dish-washing machines, and at steam tables. Must be able to lift and/or carry 50 to 75 pounds.