Goodwill TalentBridge, along with our client, is currently recruiting for a Control Inspector to work in the Kenosha area.
This role will serve as a shop floor supervisor. This individual conducts and oversees the inspection of all raw materials, manufactured parts/components and finished goods to ensure compliance with all contract specifications and quality program requirements according to Company and ISO standards. This role has the authority to stop the manufacture or shipment of nonconforming materials, parts or finished pieces. The Lead-QC is also expected to be an active participant in support of the company's Six Sigma activities and adhere to its principles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following with other duties assigned as necessary:
- Analysis of inspection jobs and directs or assigns work as necessary.
- Supervises work of QC inspectors, department work flow and efficiency.
- Reviews work orders (written or verbal) and determines specific inspection requirements/needs.
- Conducts inspections and tests (visual, dimensional, content, etc.) on incoming components and materials.
- Identifies, quarantines and documents non-conforming parts or materials detected during incoming, WIP, or final inspection activities.
- Verifies and identifies (tags) incoming components/materials for inventory purposes.
- Prepares and processes inspection documents.
- Conducts final inspection or audit of finished goods and ship-loose components to ensure conformance with order.
- Maintains all inspection records relating to individual inspection activities.
- Makes recommendations to management for ordering, product or other changes in accordance with company and customer requirements and specifications.
- Coordinates inspection activities with other company production activities.
- Ensures that all assigned areas and equipment are properly maintained and utilized efficiently.
- Works in a safe manner at all times and insures that safety rules are followed without exception.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities