Goodwill TalentBridge, along with our client, is currently recruiting for an Assembler/Solderer to work in the Wheeling area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- To perform assembly, upgrade and repairs for various assemblies SMT and Thru-holes as required.
- Observe all applicable IPC and ISO standards and their related procedures
Objectives and Responsibilities.
- Objective is to perform medium complexity installation, soldering and rework steps on thru-hole and SMT assembled boards in a quality manner. Responsibilities include successful completion of Hand Solder levels 1 and 2 or the equivalent in experience in addition to the following:
- Ability to solder check and touch-up SMT per IPC requirements.
- Install and solder (thru- hole and SMT (SOIC/ CHIPS)).
- Component identification (thru- hole and SMT (SOIC/ CHIPS)).
- Recognize SMT package size/style.
- Solder check (thru- hole and SMT (SOIC/ CHIPS) in accordance with IPC standards).
- Touch-up (thru- hole and SMT (SOIC/ CHIPS)).
- Wiring (tinning of wires, tack-on wires in accordance with IPC standards).
- De- soldering of thru- hole components.
- Rework of SMT components (SOIC/ CHIPS/ MELF).
- Knowledge of use of basic SMT rework equipment and techniques (i.e. Solder wick, hand de-soldering pump, etc.).
- Knowledge of use of microscope.
- Read and follow assembly documents and procedures.
- Document assembly challenges and concerns with prototype assemblies.