Goodwill TalentBridge, along with our client is currently recruiting for Set Up Technicians to work in the Sturtevant area.
Complete set up and change overs of injection molding machines.
- Establish the production process using saved press programs and the standard listed on the traveler. Use forms and work instructions on the computer
- Run samples and obtain 1st piece approval for job start-up
- Monitor production for accuracy and efficiency and work with quality inspectors to ensure part quality. Analyze and correct problems for operators as necessary to help them achieve standard output.
- Understand and use travelers, blueprints, engineering specifications, SOP’s as required to perform setups and correct problems flowing GDP
- Understand and operate all press controls and operator interfaces
- Place material and color at presses while following proper IQMS inventory transactions.
- Maintain accurate written records and use the IQMS system as required for documentation.
- Be knowledgeable of all the requirements involved in starting up and/or closing down the plant.
- Promote safety by abiding to all related policies and procedures.
- Participate in and lead training initiatives and 5S activities to improve personal and co-worker skill sets.
- Communicate with prior and oncoming shifts to give work assignments and expectations to achieve production requirements and promote shift interaction and awareness.
- Communicate with supervisors, manufacturing engineers, maintenance technicians, quality assurance personnel and press operators
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.