MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience in a service related environment preferred.
- Ability to stand and walk 95% of the time.
- Work independently to pick, pack and ship orders.
- Able to use equipment commonly associated with warehouse shipping and receiving, i.e., fork lifts/trucks, order pickers, pallet jacks, wheeled hand trucks, dollies, balers, and IT equipment such hand held devices, computers, printers and copy machines.
- Ability to individually lift and carry heavy items weighing up to 50 pounds and the ability to push/pull carts requiring up to 40 pounds of effort to initiate movement.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Windows based software required with Outlook, Excel, and Word experience preferred.
- Experience with an automated Materials Management Information System (MMIS) or similar computer system that has on-line functions is strongly preferred.
- Requires flexibility to be available for on-call to meet department needs (e.g., emergency access to the warehouse or restock of trauma cart), as well as for potential shift rotation.
- This individual must possess a strong sense of personal accountability, service orientation, sensitivity and responsiveness to the requests of user departments.
- Ability to interact well with others and provide high levels of customer service.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills, along with the ability to make decisions that directly affect patient care.
Equal Opportunity Employer