Goodwill TalentBridge, a full service staffing and recruitment firm, is part of Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin and Metropolitan Chicago, the largest of the 165 Goodwill territories in North America. With more than 90 years of experience in Workforce Development and job training, Goodwill is helping thousands of people find work in the communities we serve, including 13 counties in Wisconsin and 10 counties in Illinois.
Full-Time Teaching Assistants - 2023 School Year - Start or Continue Your Career in the Education Field!!
Goodwill TalentBridge is recruiting for DIRECT HIRE K-8 Teaching Assistant positions for our client, a Christian faith-based charter school organization. This position will work directly with students in elementary and middle school grade level at their Milwaukee school locations. In this role you will not only impact the education of students by providing classroom support, you will also be starting your career with an organization that will guide you in your career, offering professional development, excellent hourly wages and benefits, all within a supportive Christian school setting. Apply today!
- Support a positive, achievement-oriented and structured learning environment where all scholars are invested in their academic excellence and character growth and can fulfill their potential
- Provide assistance in lesson preparation (making copies, gathering materials, passing out supplies, etc.)
- Assist teacher in achieving the highest outcomes for students and actively engaging in the planning process
- Apply classroom management techniques and appropriate scholar corrections and disciplinary actions
- Maintain accurate and complete records, including but not limited to: attendance, behavior, and student achievement data
- Set and hold scholars accountable to extremely high academic and school-wide behavioral standards
- Implement lessons, assessments, and character education as designed by the lead teacher
- Support students through one-on-one tutoring or small group instruction, implementing remediation or acceleration with guidance from the lead teacher
- Assist teacher in maintaining on-task behavior in the classroom by consistently complimenting, checking for understanding and refocusing students
- Support students on educational technology – helping with log in and computer usage, reinforcing procedures, answering questions and monitoring student activity
- Monitor students during lunch, recess, arrival, dismissal, and other key transitions throughout the day
- Recognize, celebrate and reward scholar achievement and character development
- Build rapport with scholars, parents, and families
- Continually improve teaching skills by seeking out constructive feedback and professional development opportunities
- Perform other duties as requested or required