Goodwill TalentBridge, a full service staffing and recruitment firm, is part of Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin and Metropolitan Chicago, the largest of the 165 Goodwill territories in North America. With more than 90 years of experience in Workforce Development and job training, Goodwill is helping thousands of people find work in the communities we serve, including 13 counties in Wisconsin and 10 counties in Illinois.
Goodwill TalentBridge is the recruitment arm of Goodwill Industries. Our recruitment advisors support you in your search of a good employer with competitive offerings.
Our client, a large medical university, is seeking a Patient Service Representative to provide patients with a seamless clinic visit at their Vernon Hills clinic. If you're looking for a clinic that cares for the employees as much as their patients, this is the place to explore. Apply to learn more!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Greet patients with grace.
- Guide patients instructions/directions.
- Notify personnel of patient check-in.
- Work with clinical staff to coordinate and schedule appointments.
- Relay necessary information to staff.
- Answer phones in pleasant and timely manner.
- Complete necessary paperwork such as encounter forms and medical records.
- Utilize computer system to generate information necessary for billing.
- Update patient information, collect copays, provide and assist with any necessary forms needing completion and obtain signatures as necessary.
- Maintain clean, orderly waiting area and oversee coordination of patient movement, report issues or irregularities.
- Supplement office staff as reception tasks permit by assisting with photocopying, computer input/ typing and other delegated tasks as directed.
- Balance cash and credit card payments with encounter forms.
- Balance cash drawer.
- Assist with collections and accounts for daily encounter forms.
- Respond to written, faxed and phoned chart requests with appropriate follow-up and response.
- Utilize computer to track chart inquires and access other pertinent information, along with locating missing charts.
- File medical histories and other information in patient charts according to departmental guidelines.
Conditions of Employment
- Must achieve satisfactory results from a background check
- Must have proof of COVID 19 vaccination and booster or a university approved exemption
Required Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Customer service or medical office experience
Equal Opportunity Employer