- Food safety or quality responsibilities within job. All staff are responsible for reporting food safety and quality issues to those that can initiate action.
- Visually inspects candy as it passes by on the conveyor belt, checking shape, color, size, texture and print characteristics.
- Manually removes and discards pieces that do not conform to established characteristics and standards.
- Prepares each carton for filling by using established guidelines for unfolding, stamping, inserts and processing.
- Frequently checks scales to ensure that accurate weight counts are being observed.
- Uses established guidelines to process and package candy at each of the machine centers in the packaging department.
- Lifts boxed candy and places it on the conveyor for taping, sealing and printing.
- Correctly mixes candy, using established formulas, for processing in bagging and boxing functions.
- Check code dates in candy in process to make sure the dates are correct and being printed in the correct part of the bag.
- Repacks, reboxes or rebags candy as necessary.
- Applies customer supplied labels to boxes, bags and tins as needed.
- Assists other packaging personnel as needed and performs other duties as assigned.
- Complete daily end of shift cleaning.
- Report all safety incidents.
*Responsible for the quality of their work and implementation of the food safety/quality procedures applicable to the processes that they perform.
- High School Diploma or previous experience
- Previous manufacturing or food manufacturing experience
- Previous forklift and/or electric pallet truck experience
- Ability to Read, Write, and Speak in the English language
- Ability to subtract, multiply, divide, add, and perform measurements using money, weight, volume and/or distance.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Reliable attendance and strong work ethic, must be willing to work overtime as required.
How to Apply:
Please click "Apply Online" below and search for Job Number 89727
Equal Opportunity Employer