Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Fulfill patient care responsibilities as assigned which may include:
- Monitoring and assisting with daily schedules to enhance patient flow, accompany patients to examination or treatment room, interview patients, measure vital signs, update patient information and changes in medical history, and prepare patient for examination and/or treatment;
- Assisting patients with ambulation and transfers, specimen collection, venipunctures, administers medications/vaccines; performs screenings per provider guidelines;
- Assisting providers with various procedures;
- Charting; relaying instructions to patients/families;
- Manages office telephone systems, including answering calls and returning messages;
- Scheduling patient appointments and maintaining communication to confirm future appointments.
Fulfill clerical/administrative responsibilities as assigned which may include:
- Sending/receiving patient medical records;
- Obtaining lab/imaging and other reports, hospital notes, processes prior authorizations, referral information, etc.;
- Completes forms/requisitions as needed;
- Schedules appointments;
- Verifies insurance coverage and patient demographics;
- Maintains patient chart, completes and safeguards medical records;
- Completes diagnostic coding and procedure coding, and supports Xray radiological imaging as instructed.
Fulfill environmental responsibilities as assigned which may include:
- Managing and maintaining clinical supply inventory, setting up instruments and equipment according to department protocol;
- Cleaning exam/procedure rooms, maintain infection control;
- Performs sterile instrument processing and maintains sterilizer and associated quality requirements, maintains comprehensive records;
- Supports inventory management through ordering, sorting, storing supplies; restocking exam/procedure rooms.
Equal Opportunity Employer