Goodwill TalentBridge, a full service staffing and recruitment firm, is part of Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin and Metropolitan Chicago, the largest of the 165 Goodwill territories in North America. With more than 90 years of experience in Workforce Development and job training, Goodwill is helping thousands of people find work in the communities we serve, including 13 counties in Wisconsin and 10 counties in Illinois.
Goodwill TalentBridge is looking to hire a Warehouse Attendant to support our Morton Grove, IL manufacturing operations.
This role will be in a Union environment.
- Monday through Friday 2nd shift 2:00pm to 10:00pm
- Monday through Friday 3rd shift 10:00pm to 6:00am
*Starting rate at $19.89/hr. + shift differentials
*10% raises annually for the first 2 years!
*Paid break / lunches. Overtime work will be added on after each hour you work past your daily 8 hour schedule and will be paid at time and 1/2.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Unloads incoming material from carrier checking material for identity and quantity. Signs freight bills and all related receipts and provides clerk with necessary records such as: bill of lading, packing slip, invoice etc.
- Places material in storage area or delivers to appropriate cost center.
- Receives, checks, identifies, stores and issues raw and in process material.
- Delivers material to designated areas or cost center.
- Oversees assigned area of responsibility making sure all stock is identified and kept in a neat and orderly manner and is always obtainable.
- Operates all forms of gas, electric or manual material handling vehicles and equipment such as but not limited to forklift trucks, aisle stackers, dollies and yard crane.
- Operates overhead crane from booth or by remote control from the floor.
- Loads, unloads and moves heavy material, parts and equipment to designated areas or cost centers. Hooks up material as required.
- Visually and/or dimensionally checks material, supplies, parts sub-assemblies and finished product for shortages, defects and non-standard conditions.
- Upon discovery notifies supervision of all shortages, defects, non-standard conditions and malfunctioning machinery and equipment.
- Maintains related records, cleans machinery, equipment and work area on a daily basis and performs preventative maintenance as assigned.
- Performs all related miscellaneous duties as directed by supervision.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Must read, write and speak English
- Must have a working knowledge of mathematics (addition - subtraction - multiplication - division.)
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
· Physical requirements include: good vision and hearing; ability to stand and walk, lift and carry 20 to 50 pounds occasionally and/or 10 to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly; stoop, crouch, kneel, reach for and handle objects, pick, pinch or otherwise work with the fingers.
Equal Opportunity Employer