Goodwill TalentBridge, a full service staffing and recruitment firm, is part of Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin and Metropolitan Chicago, the largest of the 165 Goodwill territories in North America. With more than 90 years of experience in Workforce Development and job training, Goodwill is helping thousands of people find work in the communities we serve, including 13 counties in Wisconsin and 10 counties in Illinois.
Goodwill TalentBridge is actively recruiting for manufacturing material handlers in the North Chicago, IL area!
This is a 1st shift, temp to hire opportunity. Previous manufacturing experience is required.
6:00AM - 2:30PM; M-F + OT as required.
Responsible for operating the sanding drum, catching candy, and helping in the Kitchen area by performing the following duties:
- Following established procedures, prepare sanding drums for use and check conveyor belts from the mogul to the drum.
- Bring trays to the work area, clean if necessary.
- Regulate steam, sugar and/or other additives in the sanding drum.
- Monitor equipment while drum is in motion to ensure no clogging or over saturation of ingredients.
- Stack trays on trucks as they fill with candy.
- Prepare and operate the oiler machine.
- Use electric pallet trucks to move candy in process, including unloading candy from and loading candy into the mogul.
- Prepare and complete reports at the end of the shift, including defected or damaged products.
- Assist in all other areas as assigned.
*Responsible for quality of work and implementation of the food safety/quality procedures and reporting all safety incidents.