Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare detailed specifications for manufacturing equipment and tooling.
- Assist with the placement of manufacturing systems and preparation of layout drawings and the necessary installation drawings.
- Investigate current processes and develop better methods for quality and cost effectiveness.
- Review, critique and approve design layouts, detail drawings, machine hydraulic, pneumatic and control drawings with appropriate personnel.
- Evaluate, justify and procure equipment, tooling and manufacturing processes; select suitable vendors; and assist in negotiating terms.
- Estimate costs of tooling, equipment and manufacturing in-order-to develop and write AR’s (Appropriation Requests).
- Troubleshoot and identify causes of operational problems. Initiate and implement modifications or configuration changes associated with corrective action.
- Attend seminars and manufacturing technology meetings, keeping abreast of technological advances for possible use in company manufacturing and products.
- Identify and document items necessary for repair and maintenance of equipment and tooling.
- Work and communicate with other departments and vendors to accomplish required team assignments.
- Plan, justify and introduce capital investments (manufacturing cells, systems, machines and equipment).
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience working in high volume manufacturing in any industry preferred.
- Exposure to metal removal operations, press-working mild steel, stainless steel and brass, automated assembly, test, or packaging processes is desirable.
- Project management and team participation skills.
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and its methodologies; Experience leading or engaging in Kaizen events
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Engineering Discipline, with mechanical or manufacturing preferred.
- This is a 6-9 month contract opportunity with our client.
- 40 hours, 1st shift Monday – Friday
- Pay Rate – $28.85- $33.65 per hour
- Work in a manufacturing environment with large manufacturing systems.
Please send resumes to: Lindsey.Neitzel@goodwillsew.com
Equal Opportunity Employer