KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- High school diploma or equivalent (completed); a technical degree and/or training is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ industrial maintenance experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and basic electrical schematics.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude with troubleshooting skills, and ability to repair systems independently.
- Practical experience with automated equipment and robots, HVAC equipment, simple electrical systems, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and machine tool operation.
- Knowledge of metal forming, welding, machine shop equipment and fixture building. Can design and build basic components.
- Able to understand unplanned events in the plant and can react to contain, determine root cause and correct those events quickly and properly.
- Knowledgeable in Safety requirements and ensures other team members understand and comply with those requirements. Can train on safety requirements and basic electrical systems.
- Willingness to learn Lean Manufacturing, 5S and Continuous Improvement practices.
- Great attitude to continuously learn and improve knowledge.
- Able to work with little direct supervision and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Good communication skills and able to interact at various levels within the company.
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office
- Occasionally carry tool bags weighing up to 25 pounds around large manufacturing facility
- Occasionally work from ladders at heights approaching 10 feet and may work from rooftops of buildings. Work from heights of 40 feet when running conduit, working from sky booms and unjamming conveyor systems. Climb to top side of punch presses and when accessing storage locations within the facility.
- Incidental lifting of mechanical components such as compressors, pumps, electric motors and other components with weights approaching 100 pounds from heights ranging from floor level to workbench height (~36 inches), when either removing or installing the component within equipment on the production floor.
- Occasionally lift chain hoists weighing up to 50 pounds from floor to head-height (~60 inches) when attaching at ceiling level.
- Occasionally reach above head-height to 67 inches when working on the paint line conveyor lines, changing bulbs, and running conduit, and reaching while working beneath machinery to repair and update equipment.
- A variety of below waist level postures, including crouching, kneeling and lying on the ground when working beneath and within expansive equipment (lasers, interlocks, motors, punch press, press brakes, cranes, assembly equipment, production conveyor lines, paint lines, welding equipment and formers).
- Incidental pulling/pushing efforts approach 50 pounds when aligning product units, tightening components and securing equipment.
- Occasionally drive company vehicles (cars, trucks, vans, forklift, skyjack, scissor lifts).
- Actuate foot pedal controls requiring less than 5 pounds when engaging brake and gas pedals.
- Functional ability to safely work within proximity to steam lines, water lines, electrical wiring within the laser equipment in areas where ambient temperatures approach 100F and works outdoors in winter months in temperatures of -20F and summer months to 100F.
- Full-time and Part-time Opportunities available
- 2nd Shift - Monday - Friday
- 3rd Shift - Sunday evenings - Friday mornings
- Competitive Hourly Rate based on Exeperience
- Comprehensive Benefit Package for Full-Time Opportunity
DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY WITH A SIGN ON BONUS!!!
- $2,000/FULL TIME
- $1,000/PART TIME
How to Apply:
Please click "Apply Online" below and search for Job Number 86287
Equal Opportunity Employer