1. Qualification Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent. Must be able to read and write English. Must be able to perform basic arithmetic. Must be able to use judgment and analytical skills to determine appropriate solutions to maintenance situations.
2. Reports to: Facility Maintenance Manager
3. Authority: May initiate preventive actions & recommend solutions. May halt any unsafe activity.
4. Special Circumstances of the Job: Meet all requirements of Job Functions This position involves safety-sensitive functions.
*** Required of all levels: Must have own basic tools and toolbox to perform repairs.
5. Job Duties, Functions, Responsibilities: Install, maintains and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures and pipe systems.
Level 1: Meet all Plant Mechanic Level 1 Requirements and perform the following:
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of equipment.
- Works at an acceptable pace.
- Demonstrates neat work practices.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of
- Fabricates and repairs counters, benches, partitions and other wooden structures.
Level 2: Meet all Plant Mechanic Level 1 and perform the following:
- Visually inspects and test machinery and equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discuss machine operation variations with supervisors and other maintenance workers to diagnose for machine repair.
- Dismantles defective equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Lays out, assembles, installs and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators and related equipment.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
Level 3: Meet all Plant Mechanic Level 2 ; and perform the following:
- Demonstrates leadership skills.
- Commands the respect of fellow workers.
- Has the ability to maintain and troubleshoot all equipment in both divisions of the company.
- Assists in training of fellow employees to transfer skills.
Level 4: Meet all Plant Mechanic Level 3 and perform the following:
- Consistently earns ratings of 95 or greater during annual reviews.
6. Other Duties:
- Keep work areas clean and neat.
- Follow all safety policies.
- Execution of activities as assigned.
· Responsibilities involving food safety, when required.
How to Apply:
Please click "Apply Online" and search for Job Number 89880
Equal Opportunity Employer