Requirements:Swim Instructor Responsibilities:
- Effectively implements swim curricula for various levels and populations depending on class needs as outlined by the standards.
- Prepares progressive lesson plans to enhance the experience of program participants.
- Prepares reports and maintains records, including attendance records, skills sheets, progress reports, etc.
- Enforces aquatic rules and policies by maintaining constant surveillance of class participants.
- Acts as a primary responder in case of injury, accident, or illness in pool area and provides backup to lifeguards as needed in emergencies and crowd control.
- Reports injuries and completes required forms.
- Sets up facility or equipment, and stores equipment upon completion of class. Immediately notifies supervisor of any broken equipment or unsafe aspects of the pool.
- Attends all in-service trainings and staff meetings as scheduled by supervisor or center leadership.
- Maintains job-related certifications and documents completion of certifications in the HR information system.
Instructor Preferred Requirements:
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Current certification Swim Lessons or ARC Water Safety Instructor, CPR, First Aid, AED, and Oxygen certification or must successfully complete the Aquatics Academy training program resulting in certification.
- Passion for working with diverse youth and ability to provide a high-quality of instruction using age-appropriate practices.
- Physical mobility to properly use aquatic equipment to rescue a 200 lb. person.
- Must be mentally alert to dangerous situations in order to assure the safety of all swimmers.
- Must be physically and mentally able to respond to emergencies and administer CPR and First Aide effectively.
- Demonstrates evidence of Team competencies in previous experience or practice
- Meets physical qualifications required for certification in job.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.86 - $18.00 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer