Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Knowledge of automated purchasing/inventory systems is a plus. Must be pleasant; demonstrate high standards of customer service and a drive or motivation to complete assignments within time constraints under minimal supervision. Must have a knowledge base of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within this field. Must be able to rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
This position requires a high school diploma or GED and 2 years or more of job-related experience including: UPS World Ship software and website, order tracking, shipment reconciliation, record keeping and MS Office experience is preferred. Experience with on-line ordering and inventory software preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position is predominantly non-sedentary, requiring the ability to sit, bend, stand and walk. This position requires stooping, reaching, stair-climbing and repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard. It also requires kneeling, pushing/pulling and repetitive motions of the feet.
Physical demands of the position necessitate hearing, talking, handling and grasping regularly. Repetitive lifting of up to 30 pounds and occasionally requires lifting of above 50 pounds. Specific vision conditions include close vision reading. Must have the ability to operate a computer, telephone, copy machine, mail meter, and calculator.
The position is generally performed in a warehouse environment but involves frequent interruptions. The noise level is generally low to quiet. The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations, however, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform said essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Approves and releases orders from on-line ordering system; this includes accuracy in ordering product, checking units requested and matching PARS; communicating discrepancies and / or changes to ordering responsible individuals.
- Prints out packing slips, purchase orders, and invoices for processing.
- Processes purchase orders as needed.
- Maintains accurate inventory activities including ordering product, processing inventory, and reconciliation of inventory discrepancies.
- Participates in all aspects of inventory control, shipping, receiving, and stocking of products.
- Picks, packs, and prepares packages for shipment to our internal/external customers.
- Receives, inspects, records and logs materials into inventory database, store/file records /reports per requirements.
- Maintains all UPS shipment information and documents.
- Maintains all records of communication between clients, centers, and staff to provide excellent tracking and customer service.
- Notifies companies of damaged shipments and prepare appropriate paperwork for return or credit for product.
- Performs all clerical tasks required for shipping and receiving including communicating well with our internal and external customers either in writing, verbally, or through emails.
- Tracks inventory flow to maintain inventory levels and stock levels.
- Assists in maintaining vendor information on transactions, quality of service, and performance for current information and future service needs/assessments.
- Performs inventory/cycle counts per schedule.
- Processes all returned goods and expired goods in a timely manner mandated per our vendors contract for credit.
- Maintains loading dock and warehouse in an organized, clean manner, and in compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Maintains files in Purchasing department that directly correlate with shipping, receiving, and releasing of orders.
- Hours: Monday-Friday 8a-4:30pm
- Pay: $16.00/hour
How to Apply:
Please click "Apply Online" and search for Job Number 89231
Equal Opportunity Employer