Goodwill TalentBridge, a full service staffing and recruitment firm, is part of Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin and Metropolitan Chicago, the largest of the 165 Goodwill territories in North America. With more than 90 years of experience in Workforce Development and job training, Goodwill is helping thousands of people find work in the communities we serve, including 13 counties in Wisconsin and 10 counties in Illinois.
Goodwill TalentBridge is actively recruiting for a Customer Support Specialist in the Des Plaines, IL area! This is a Contract/temporary assignment only. This position is responsible for Customer Service activities for domestic and international distributors and OEM customers. Works directly with customers on requirements, pricing, and resolution of customer issues. Provides miscellaneous duties in support of the customer service function. Our client is a global industrial company that excels in meeting the growing demands from end-users for high-quality home improvement and construction fastening products.
Temporary contract opportunity on 1st shift
Monday through Friday 8:00 AM-5:00 PM; Pay: $20-$25 an hour
- Manages EDI order receipt and documentation on a daily basis.
- Receives orders via e-mail, online portal and provides prompt courteous response.
- Enters customer orders, changes and generates standard and special invoices and weekly reports. Authorizes returns and approves customer debit memos as received.
- Assists small account sales via telephone and written correspondence.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Processes return authorizations, product brochures, and general information as required.
- Maintains documentation and coordinate effective ship date for customer with all areas of the organization.
- Is familiar with export Customs procedures to assure compliance.
- Creates and updates template bar code labels according to customer specifications.
- Assists with phase-in/phase-out of new and existing products to limit obsolescence and meet customer expectations.
- Supports the Finance team with unapplied cash investigations.
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Communication from a four-year college or university and 3 to 5 years of experience within customer service in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Experience with SAP, AS500, Navision
- Experience with navigating an ERP system. JD Edwards a plus.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to respond to significant inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. Duties include data entry 80% of the time. The employee may lift, push or pull up to 25 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer