Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates identified College events with college staff, vendors, and contractors including scheduling, cost estimates, required equipment and supplies, timelines, catering, and facility requirements. Coordinates with Facilities, Media Services, Food Service, and other partners to ensure accurate and professional setup and logistical flow of events, including notification to impacted areas throughout the College and the College Police Department.
- Manages scheduling and relationships for non-revenue, co-sponsored events and acts as the constituent’s main interface as related to agreements, supplemental fees (catering, rentals, and AV services as needed), , processes, and procedures. Follows procedures and policies to estimate costs of internal events and loaned facility impact, providing annual reporting of usage.
- Provides guidance and expertise to departments for their events on topics such as setup, catering, and general event logistics based on expected attendance and visibility.
- Maintains system of record for all room utilization. Controls reservation process per requests from faculty, staff, and students for the use of college facilities for major non-credit activities at both the Des Plaines and Skokie campuses.
- Lead user of scheduling software (currently AdAstra), event setup software (currently Social Tables), and catering management software. Receives non-credit class information via Banner interface and coordinates data entry into scheduling software to meet Illinois Community College Board compliance.
- Provides direction to internal clients in regards to the booking procedure, repairs and facility upgrades that impact events, and event management recommendations.
- Guides support staff in data entry and handling basic inquiries.
- Develops, refines, and communicates college policy and procedures regarding use of facilities as related to scheduling, rentals, and events, including recognition of identified holidays and other observances.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Supervision Received:
- Administrative supervision is received from the Chief Advancement Officer / Associate Vice President of Marketing and Communication.
- Supervision Exercised:
- Functional supervision is exercised over support staff and student workers.
Hiring Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Business, or related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience is necessary.
- Three years of meeting and seminar planning experience or certification in Meeting Planning Development (CMP) is required.
- Ability to enter, retrieve, and manipulate data on a computer and ability to learn and manage room scheduling software is required.
- Strong ability to multitask is required.
- The ability to explain College policy, procedures and practices in difficult situations is required. A high level of interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to deliver services in an environment where there is an emphasis on customer service are required. Incumbent must be able to give and receive advice and opinions and interact with individuals in situations requiring sensitivity and tact.
- Knowledge of College offices and their functions is highly desirable.
- General office environment. Little or no exposure to adverse working conditions.
How to Apply:
Please click "Apply Online" and search for Job Number 89344
Equal Opportunity Employer