Goodwill TalentBridge, a full service staffing and recruitment firm, is part of Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin and Metropolitan Chicago, the largest of the 165 Goodwill territories in North America. With more than 90 years of experience in Workforce Development and job training, Goodwill is helping thousands of people find work in the communities we serve, including 13 counties in Wisconsin and 10 counties in Illinois.
Are you looking to take the next step in your career and make your mark in the Accounts Payable & Finance Industry?
Do you enjoy working for an organization who is dedicated to meeting a mission and helping others in local communities?
NOW HIRING! Goodwill TalentBridge has partnered with a local food bank and is seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Manager to help support and oversee AP operations.
WHY WORK FOR OUR CLIENT?
- Mission Driven
- DIRECT HIRE
- Hybrid Work Schedule – 3 days in office, 2 days remotely.
- Competitive (Not-for-Profit) Compensation - $90k+ salary range
- Full Benefits Package
- $3,000 THRIVE PASS
- 403(b) with match opportunities!
- PTO (average of 30+ days a year including holidays)
- Lunch Stipend
- FREE PARKING
- Gym on-site
- & MORE!
The Accounts Payable Manager oversees the AP functions from start to finish. Duties include and are not limited to the following:
- Oversee day to day operations and perform accounting functions related to purchasing, accounts payable, and asset management.
- Completes all tax related processes for payment, including 1099 and 1096 tax filings.
- Ensure the accounts payable and Food Depository’s financial obligations are met efficiently, accurately, and timely.
- Oversees all payment transactions including ACH, wires, and paper checks.
- Prepares and adheres to weekly financial metrics around expenditures, payments, and vendor analysis.
- Oversees all data entry, validation, and processing of various types of purchase orders, contracts, and invoices for the entire Food Depository.
- Reviews all employee expense reimbursements to ensure compliance with company policies.
- Oversees accounts payable team, managing operations and ensuring performance metrics and productivity levels are met.
- Ensures that systems, policies, and procedures adhere to Food Depository policies.
- Develops, implements, and enforces accounting controls, internal policies, and procedures to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Develops new workflows and efficiencies as needed.
- Employee relations – interviewing potential new hires, training new hires, conducting performance reviews, conflict resolution, and taking disciplinary action when appropriate.
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert (SME) as Finance/Accounting partner with all Food depository teams, including critical IT projects such as Procurement/Accounts Payable system build, Expense Reimbursement system, and new capital projects/payments.
- Serves as a resource on technical matters relating to financial statements by keeping up to date with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and all accounts payable matters.
- Models’ financial stewardship in decision making and encourages others to be financial stewards.
- Special project as assigned.
LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Bachelor's degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- 5 years of accounting experience with accounts payable being the primary focus, non-for-profit setting preferred.
- Previous leadership and/or managerial experience.
- Strong knowledge of accounts payable, 1099’s, general ledger, and expense reimbursement.
- Proficiency with accounting software and MS Office- Word, Excel, Access, Outlook.
- Must have the ability to work independently while staying organized and meeting deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Communication – MUST be able to communicate (both orally & written) complex technical issues in a clear and concise manner.
WHY WORK WITH GOODWILL TALENTBRIDGE?
MAKE NO MISTAKE. Our organization ALSO works on your behalf. If you think you are valued at $95,000, we will submit you as such. If you have the experience, can prove your skills, and believe you should earn above that, we listen to you and negotiate on your behalf.
Goodwill TalentBridge is a non-profit entity of Goodwill Industries, providing recruitment services for people, like you, and companies throughout Chicagoland and Milwaukee. The services we charge to companies directly supports our mission. So, THANK YOU for working with us! It is completely free to you.
APPLY TODAY with Goodwill TalentBridge and automatically be considered for other Finance & Accounting opportunities, or anything else you wish to be considered for!
Equal Opportunity Employer